Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dynamite finds


In a 30 minute dash through a couple of thousand bargain bin LPs, I came up with fourteen for $2.63 total. That's less than $0.19 each. I'll be back.

Patti Smith - Horses [WLP, 'Sterling RL' Robert Ludwig. Beat up though]
Fantastic! This has me nodding along as I listen despite awful crackle and pops. It puts to test the power of wonderful music and sonics over debilitating noise floor. Smith wins here, and I'll eventually pull out my non-white label version, and upgrade to a better WLP.

Monteux/Tchaikovsky - Symphony 5 [RCA Living Stereo 1S]
Sisters of Mercy - Dominion [WLP 12" SRC SF/ATL]
Sisters of Mercy - Lucretia My Reflection [WLP 12" SRC SF/ATL]
My memory of my 3" UK CD single version eclipses this drab US 33RPM promo mastering. I'll need to do a shoot out once I find the CD.
Steve Winwood - S/T
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence [SRC]
Jim Carroll Band - I Write Your Name [AT GP]
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus / Vienna Calling [Frankford / Wayne. Herbie Junior]
Bing Crosby - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling [Still sealed]
Sparks - Fingertips [12" Futuredisc]
Silly Wizard - Live in America [Frankford / Wayne]
Woodentops - Plenty [12"]
Woodentops - Well Well Well [Frankford / Wayne. Herbie Junior...the third record with this mastering credit stamped in the deadwax, one I've never seen before today]
Elis Regina - Trem Azul [Unfortunately reprocessed stereo if I've read the Portuguese correctly]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really great price for a Patti Smith record. Amazing how much can be bought for so little.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home