Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Broke the mold


I packed up my turntable nearly 18 months ago for a short term move to London, scraping by on digital music and the occasional live show.

I just returned to the States, and when I opened up the storage unit having left 3000 records neatly boxed in a climate controlled building, I was horrified - the room stank of mold, which quickly ruins LPs. Apparently, a pipe had leaked - arrgh.

Well, I've cleaned the first few hundred, but have lots more cleaning work ahead of me, armed with anti-bacterial spray and lots of paper towels. The photo above is actually from someone else's disaster - only a few of mine were that far gone.

After much box shifting and cleaning (nearly all our possessions were moldy), I have my first night relaxing. What a pleasure to be reunited with records. The bulk of the collection is still in transit, but should all be in place in the next week or so, with a few hundred new acquisitions from London too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home