Saturday, March 29, 2008

Greetings to the New Brunette


I picked up twenty-three records in Camden yesterday from a bin of £1 LPs and 50p 12"s, all UK pressings unless noted.

Alan Parsons - I Robot [German]
All About Eve - S/T

Billy Bragg - Greetings to the new Brunette [12" MT]

Copland / Rodeo, Billy the Kid [CBS A1/B1]

Dave Brubeck - Newport 1958 [Fontana] First UK pressing of Columbia release

Dorati / Tchaikovsky - 1812 [Mercury mono 'JJ']

Dot Allison - Substance [12" Damont]

Eton Crop - Yes please bob

Eurythmics - Be yourself tonight [Precision SM (Stephen Marcussen), German]

Eurythmics - You have placed a chill in my heart [12", Utopia MS]

Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax [12" 1U/3U Sterling]

Housemartins - Sheep [12"]

Mary Coughlan - Tired and emotional [German] Irish singer's debut

Orchestra Makassy - Agwaya

Pretenders - Hymn to her [12", Masterdisk, Damont]

Rod Stewart - Smiler [Keundun]

Soup Dragons - I'm free [12" test pressing 'Pound cutmaster peach' 'Adrenalin'] An anthem for me at the time, just leaving school and going out on my gap year.

Stranglers - Live (X Cert) [Porky] 1977/78 live sets

Toyah - The changeling [Townhouse AW]

Ultravox - Monument the Soundtrack [Townhouse] 'Vienna' live!

Ultravox - Quartet [Townhouse]

Various - The Marquee, 30 legendary years [2LP 1989 digital]

I listened to the CD of this classic rock collection when it came out. Fantastic. I sought out compilations of The Who, Yardbirds, Hendrix, Bowie, The Jam, Stranglers, T Rex, Mott the Hopple, all based on hearing them here first. The LP looks like digital mastering unfortunately (not untypical in 1989).


Woodentops - Giant [Where's my mango crumble / regimental]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home