Friday, April 04, 2008

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

I picked up 23 records this evening. I noticed that the clerk was repricing the entire stock, something the store does monthly, and I'd picked this bunch before he'd marked them down. That said, I was fine with the original prices, but he went through them all taking them down further. That made my day. Totally un-necessary, but much appreciated. All UK pressings unless mentioned.

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy [12". No mention of Steve Rooke / Abbey Road] 50p. The first tape I made from Bruno Brookes' Radio 1 chart show featured this great tune, along with Madonna 'Into the Groove' and others that I learned by heart. I'm trying to rebuild the whole tape with 12" versions.

Cowboy Junkies - Blue Moon Revisited [12" MPO] £2. A favorite. I wonder how it compares to the Canadian pressing and the Classic Records (45RPM/33RPM)

Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane [12" MPO] £2

David Bowie - Rare [Piero Mannucci] £2. I heard this in a store in NY a couple of years back, and really liked the obscure Bowie tracks. The sound was great too, mastered by RCA in Rome. I expect the Italian connection stems from the first track being sung in Italian.

David Fanshawe - African Sanctus. 50p

Debbie Harry - Free to fall [12"] 10p

Deborah Harry - Sweet and low [12". JA, Holland] 10p

Echo and the Bunnymen - Songs to Learn and Sing [German] £1

Genesis - And then there were three [1u/1u] 30p

John Lennon - Double Fantasy [Sterling] £2

John Lennon - Mind Games [1u/1u] £3

June Tabor - Ashes and Diamonds. £3

Luis Bonfa - Meu Querido Violao [Odeon] £3.

Mary Coughlan - Under the influence [DMM Germany] £1

Ofra Haza - Galbi / Im Nin' Alu [12". DMM] 10p. I passed on an Israel pressing of one of her albums - the script and whole package was exotic, so I may be back for that.

Ofra Haza - Wish me luck [12" Ted Jensen, Sterling, Germany] 10p

Prince - Lovesexy [German, no mention of Bernie Grundman] £1

Procol Harum - Procol's Ninth [Sterling RL, 1u/1u] 30p. The signatures on the cover had me going. I really thought I'd stumbled across a signed copy, until I saw a second copy with exactly the same autographs.

Rutles - S/T [USA] £2

Sinead Oconnor - Nothing compares to u [12". Utopia] 10p

Steve Miller - Take the money and run / The Joker (live) [12"] 10p

Teardrop Explodes - Kilimanjaro. £2

Yoko Ono - Season of glass [Strawberry, no mention of The Hit Factory, unless they're one and the same] 10p

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home