Thursday, January 25, 2007

I just moved a few thousand LPs to storage

In the past few weeks I taped up 40 boxes of LPs (I'm guessing about 3000 total). And today I dismantled the shelving too. They're all in a storage unit for the next couple of years, and this makes me sad. The LP collection has become such a huge part of my life, both in the physically imposing sense. They took up an entire wall. And also in the sense of refuge. I'm listening to a CD now, and it just isn't doing much for me. On the upside, its like starting over. I have a few 45s, and will probably receive a few LPs from eBay in the next week or so. There is liberation in removing the collection. "An unbearable lightness of being" (Not what Kundera had in mind, but vinyl is heavy).

1 Comments:

Blogger daviso said...

Where are you mr Poole? I need a smart AE. Are you in NY? Are you making room for a new kiddie? I hope all is well. Drop me a line. Your's is disconnected. -du

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home