Friday, November 10, 2006

November 10, dollar bin haul

Inspiral Carpets - This is how it feels. Remix [Mute UK 12"]. I quickly realized I love the single, but don't care to have the vocals removed, and lose the catchy chorus. Back to the bin with this one.

INXS - Shabooh Shoobah [Atco 1982, sealed]

The Kinks - The State of Confusion EP [Arista UK 1984]

Michael Legrand - After the Rain [Pablo 1983]

Slade - You Boyz Make Big Noize [RCA Germany 1987]

Graham Parker - Human Soul [BMG 1989 sealed]

Graham Parker - The Mona Lisa Sister [BMG 1988 sealed]

Marian McPartland Trio - S/T [Capitol hand-written, turqoise label]. This sounds tubey. The vinyl is surprisingly shiny and healthy for this era, and 1956 mono, intimate trio material.


Malvina Reynolds - Sings the Truth [Columbia 2eye stereo 1a/1a. $15] The theme song for the Showtime TV series Weeds uses her wonderful "Little Boxes".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parkers "Mona Lisa" is one of my all-time favorites in this genre. Enjoy it.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

addendum - ha! now leaving a comment works!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.

I'm attempting to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
Feel free to visit my web blog : best residential remodeling contractor orlando florida

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.
I'm attempting to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
Also see my page > best residential remodeling contractor orlando florida

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home