Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mono Rubber Soul rocks!

Just $15 from a seller in Australia, and with a matrix number that tells me its from a tube cut stamper! I'm listening to the mono 1982 pressing of The Beatles' Rubber Soul, and its sonic nirvana.

After ten years of writing record reviews for magazines and books with tens of thousands of readers but no feedback, I've started a blog with the intention of just saying whatever comes to mind about records I pick up from local dollar bins, win on eBay, or read about on my favorite audiophile forum Steve Hoffman's Forum.

I'm hoping that I'll start a dialogue about stuff I care about. It all comes back to the music, to the journey I take when I put on headphones, spin a record and hit the web for nuggets of info, and the hope of finding common ground with fellow travellers. But there's a heap of trainspotter treasure-seeking that can either lead me closer to the music, or down rabbit holes. This includes formats (vinyl, SACD, DVD-A, DTS) and vinyl matrix numbers, pressings, cleaning/restoration, and countless other sciences of the audiophile.

Full disclosure: My job requires that I understand the medium of blogs. So the blog is driven in part by the desire to better understand blogging by writing my own. I never had the commitment to keep a diary. Typically my creative writing depended on deadlines at school or in workshops, so whether I maintain the regular postings of a credible blog remains to be seen.
-David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home